Pre-Operative Instructions for IV Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home and stay with the patient at least eight (8) hours.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Do not consume any mind altering products (alcohol, marijuana, etc.) at least twelve (12) hours prior to your appointment as they may adversely affect the sedation process and could require rescheduling your appointment.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with one of our surgeons prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you must cancel, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
If you have any questions regarding your procedure please do not hesitate to contact our office prior to your surgery date.